#Rant 3

 


I don't know what to title this? 

Before the linking of sim card with National identity number (NIN), which would be carried out by the National identity management commission as directed by the federal government of Nigeria, have you tried registering for your national identity card? 

What was the process like? 

Do you now anyone who as gone through the registration process before the rush hour? 

Well during my  National youth service corps (Nysc)  at Kwara state which is compulsory in my country Nigeria, year 2014 /2015, have been willing to register, whenever I visit the office then is either one excuse or the other, I had to decide that I will do it when I get back to my base which is Lagos State, due to my thought of the stress that would be attach to picking up the plastic which is original. 

When I finally got back to Lagos year 2015, I had to check up the various centers in lagos, I found one at Ikorodu local government, which is not very far from my aunt place that I stayed at the time, I visited the office and I was told the network is bad and I have to come early to pick number. 

I went back home to search for another place I can do the registration, I found their headquarters at Alausa visited the place I was directed to Ikeja local government, on getting there, they gave the same instruction as the first local government. 

It was like a wasted effort, went home and search again then I found out they do it at Yaba College of technology( Yabatech), I schedule another day and visited early enough, I was informed that the power is out, I should check back, I went the following week and plan to spend the whole day as long as I would get it done, I was able to register before noon that day, but instructed to check back a week time for the print out. 

By the time I got there it was already printed out after two weeks, I then pick up the paper slip and keep it safe. 

Considering the stress I went through, wasted time and money for transportation I could decide that am not doing it again, but would face the penalty now that is mandatory. The crowd is much, they are being charged high for it, my elder sister also register for it 2015 but she paid #100 for fuel, but I didn't make any payment aside from the transportation fees. 

Attimes as human being we can do better by making sure we do the needful and not wait for when we would be needing a particular document.

I would like you to share your experience with me. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.