REQUEST ON TAKING IN KIDS AS A RESULT OF RENDERING ASSITANTCE.


Do you have kids of your own, that you would prefer to send down to your parent or relatives, on request or other reason best known to you?

This morning after taking my pupils the first subject, a teacher came to call me, that the head teacher needs my attention, i tidied up what i was doing and inform my H.O.D that my attention is being requested upon, i left for the office.
On getting  their i knocked and enter, she said Idowu are you less busy now, because i would appreciate it if you follow this girl home referring to a pupil, i then ask the girl if she knows the way to there house and where they stay, she mention an area am familiar with, i agreed to follow her home, with the reason being that she can not stay in the school premises without her school uniform, my head teacher thank me and gave me fare for transport.

On our way i ask for her name and instructed her to notify me earlier if we need to turn right or left, or cross the other side of the road, she said ok and comply, when we get to the second street to her house, a woman who i assume is her neighbour saw us and called out her name and requested for the reason why she is going back home, i responded that my boss ask me to return her home, we keep walking till we get to their house, we meet with an old woman accompany a guy out the girl told me that she is her mother.

I greeted her and inform her the reason why i brought the girl back home from school, as a result of not putting on the school uniform, the old woman started saying in Yoruba, omo isolenu ( a child that allow people to blame one), saying she wakes up very early to leave the house sourcing for daily bread till late in the evening before she comes back, that when her elder sister ask her to wash her uniform she ignores them, from her statement ever since she as been taken in kids the little girl is different,  she is stubborn and lazy, i was shock that why on earth will you ask a small girl of age 5 to wash her school uniform, she should just be washing her socks and pant which need to be rewash by an elderly person, i told the old woman that they should allow her seniors wash it for her and head back for school.

I got back to school and explain the scenario to my head teacher, she was furious on why on a small girl be instructed to be washing her uniform herself, but there is little we could do, I told her that from the picture the woman is her grandma, why on earth will grandparent volunteer to take in kids and not care for them the way they should.

I understand that every woman / lady want to train their kids to be responsible by giving them chores to do maybe on routine basis, I think there are chores that should not be handled by little kids. I advise grandparent not to volunteer  to take in kids if they cannot care for them properly in aspect of feeding, showing them love, being there for them by teaching them right things to do and guiding them to the right path by teaching them the way of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.