PREVENTING A HOME FROM BREAKING.

Have you ever being caught up in an act of trying to save a home from breaking and not helping your fellow human?

That explain my ordeal, i have this neighbor that just moved into the compound this year, they are my fellow brother and sister in Islam, from the little knowledge i have about the husband he is stonehearted due to the little conversation i had with him few months back.

His wife gave birth this year to their first baby, this evening while i was relaxing and reading my Quran i heard a knock on the door, i ask who was there but i got no response, i went back to my reading, i heard the knock for the second time, i ask who was there i got no response after few minutes, i decided to open the door to see if it was my youngers ones that was knocking on the door, to my greatest surprise, it was the new mother, she handed me a bag to help her keep through whispering.

Guess she didn't want her mother-in-law to hear because she is still around for the omugo, i tried asking why she is handing me the bag, she then whisper asking if am free and i said yes, i kept the bag in close to the door, and went outside to wait for her, few minutes after she joined me, she started, by asking for my favour, she went on to say that she is sure i might not comply.

What is the matter ma, she said her husband does not want her to resume work until when the baby is 2 years, and at her place of work they are given 3 months for maternity leave, which as elapse she needs to resume back to work, and her husband his aware of it, because she as explained to him prior to her delivery, now the husband his changing his mind and she as pleaded with him, the husband ask her to go and take another excuse from work showing them the scar from the little accident she was involved in, additional 2 weeks was added to her leave because the injury is healing up, but he still insist on her waiting back at home for 2 years, she had to inform her parent as well as his family member, yet he stand on his decision firmly.

I was short of words for few minutes, later ask her the reason why she kept the bag with me, she replied that her family instructed her to leave home for a while till the husband is able to reason with her and she feel i can help her out, i kept mute again later, responded that she absconding from home is not going to be the solution plus am not going to take part in such act, i implore her to talk to her husband and keep praying that God touches his heart, because she eloping from the house without the knowledge of the husband could break their union which i don't want and won't support.

I gave her my piece, that staying at home for 2 years is not right, she as tried and i ask if their will be provision at her work place where the baby can stay while she work, she replied yes, i ask her to inform her husband about it, if he is so concern about the state in which the baby will be while she is working i think that is better than taking him out to another untrusted creche or daycare, i went on by telling her that their should have being an agreement between the two of them before they were joined together or before the delivery of the child that they will both conclude on, the wife is a civil servant, she can't be given 2years maternity leave.

My opinion their should be a sort of list on agreement from both parties that will be talked about, digested well before concluding on getting married on the future, about the kids, what will be tolerated and will not be tolerated in marriage.

I have made my point and pass it to the wife, if you are caught up in my situation what will be your decision, how will you help out in the decision.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.