ON MAKING ATTEMPT TOWARDS EXERCISING ONES CIVIC RIGHT.

Do you ever try pushing forward towards exercising your civic rights, even when you are exhausted?

I have been willing to go down to the INEC office in my local government  to get the  transfer of my PVC card down to Lagos State and my local government, but it was futile.
I had once sent mail to INEC concerning the issue but I didn’t get a response which made me believe that the issue will not be treated.

On this faithfully day, it was my class turn to go for the resource center to get material for the class apparatus, i had the plan of stopping by at the INEC office to lodge a complain and see what they can do.

After getting the pupils busy before going to the resource center, I set out for the resource center, on getting to the resource center, i was too busy with drawing and by the time i finished  my  work i became exhausted and was extremely tired. I wonder if  l could get  any strength  to the INEC(Independent  National Electoral Commission) office again to complain, but because i had the determination of going that  day, after a little rest,  i motivated  myself.

On getting to INEC office, i saw an official  and told her my piece,about the world going digital why on earth will I have to send a mail and it won’t be acknowledge, atleast that will give me an assurance that they will work on my PVC (Permanent Voters Card), she pleaded that i shouldn’t be upset that they are just trying to adjust, i said no problem, went on to explain to her the reason why am there, which is to transfer down my pvc card and correct the arrangement  of my name as well as change of my home address, she ask me to fill two forms which i did. she detached my copy and ask me to check back by December for it and that was all.

What if i had not encouraged myself to go that day, i would’ve kept  postponing  it  till  election time  and i won’t be able to vote.
Am urging you, to make effort to get your permanent voters card, it is your right to vote, vote and let it count. Am sure i will get mine and when i do am going to post the waited story and caption with it here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.