ON MY FIRST VISIT TO THE GENERAL HOSPITAL.

Have heard people complain alot about General hospital, while some sing their praise.

I know you might have tried General hospital and if not you might choose to try it base on how light the case might be.
For the past 26 year’s of my life have never been to a General hospital for complain, not because I don’t get sick, but because I don’t see reason to do so due to the stress people go through and cases I have heard of, for some days have being feeling feverish, I decided to do self medication , by taking malaria drug with pain relieve, but after the completion of the dosage, I still don’t feel alright, it was as if i didn’t use anything after two days, it wasn’t getting any better.

I hate the idea of me being admitted at the hospital, my boss notice I wasn’t feeling alright and ask what the matter is, and i responded that I am feeling feverish, but have used some drugs, and am not getting any better, she then said I should visit hospital, I told her I had intention on doing that after the close of work. We have a family hospital that we visit and is not far, but she encouraged me to, try visiting General hospital, you need to see the way she was hyping General hospital she and our big boss, she advise I get their as early as possible, in other to be attended to without delay.

On getting home that same day, I call my dad to find out if General hospital were on strike, because I sometimes heard that Johesu, are on strike, my dad being an inquisitive man, I picked that from him, ask why I want to visit General hospital, if everything was all right, I said yes, that I only want to go for check up, he ask me to use the family hospital which I told him that the price they would charge will be on the high side, he promised to help me call someone, he called back to inform me that they are still on duty, but will join the strike on Wednesday by midnight.

I concluded that, i was going to receive treatment at General hospital so very early I woke up, had my bath and drink tea, due to security reason I told my small dad to walk me to the bus stop where I pick a tricycle going to the hospital, I then set out around quarter to six, got to the hospital few minutes past six, being a novice their, I had to tell the woman I met sitting at the gate post that this is my first time at the hospital, that I would like to visit the reception because I need to see the doctor for complain, she was kind enough to direct me and instruct me on what they do, the first point I pick up a receipt, which i use to pay for card and collect it, then go to the place where I will be given a form to fill in my details and submit, after filling and submitting I was the first person that was present as at the time as a new comer, while five people are already waiting from those that have appointment with the doctor.

I was informed that once the doctor is around we will be ushered in to where we will be call upon one after the other to see the doctor. I waited and when I was tired around 7:00 a.m, I went to meet the attendant and ask when the doctor will arrive I was told they will be around by 8.30.
I was furious I wanted to leave and go back to the family hospital, but I controlled myself that everything will be alright, finally they ushered us in and the file were taken to the doctor office and I was called upon being the first on New comer list, I told the doctor what the issue is and told her I practice self medication as well, she then gave me a note to take to the laboratory for test, she scribble two things in it, but I was able to figure that one is malaria parasite but don’t know the other, I thank her and left.

I ask the janitor  for the direction to the laboratory  which he directed me, on getting to the section I inform one of the nurse that am their for test, she collected the note and check she ask me to join the people sitting, after joining the long queue she didn’t come to inform me that where am to make the payment is different, when it was my turn to go for the test, I presented the note and I was told to go and pick up receipt from where I picked it up earlier and then make my payment at the payment stand, after picking the receipt I assumed the payment will be made at the earlier spot on getting there she directed me to another spot, I had to join the queue there, after making the payment I had to ask for direction back because the place links to another section and is confusing but there is direction with abbreviation at some point.

I arrive at the laboratory back and i told the nurse who instructed me to go and make the payment at the other section, she ask me to go back and join another queue is 11:30 then, I search for the first nurse that collected the note without informing me to go and make payment elsewhere before joining queue, I told her that she made me sit back thinking I will pay at the point of the test, she apologise and collected the receipt and note she volunteer  to carry out the test, I ask her when my result will be ready for pickup, she instructed me to come back the next day, I told her that I learnt they are going on strike she then ask where I heard it from and I responded that it was from a reliable source she still insist I come back the next day.

I promise to go even if they are on strike to see if I would see a lab attendant to give me my result, I was able to get my result and when I check malaria parasite is negative but didn’t understand the other result analysis, within me I can still feel the sickness in me and my urine says it all, I wonder what will happen to those that have emergency  case or those that were still receiving treatment, did I even remember to inform you that while waiting for the doctor on my first visit they brought in a referral case which is an emergency one from private hospital, I learnt he was just referred to General after some days at the private hospital, they had to rush and process is card and take him in his people were ask to get some drugs, he was given bed slot, now they have discharge all there patient, what will be the state of most patient that can’t afford a private hospital or go abroad for treatment? As for me I had to change where I would receive my treatment back to our  family hospital but am better now.

I hope when next you will be making your visit you have a stress free tour and receive proper medical treatment  without any interruption  on like mine.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.