This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.

Have you ever eating beans prepared for twin before ( Ewa ibeji)?
Do you know the type of beans they use in preparing it?
On this faithful  day I needed to buy some food stuff at the store on getting to the store while going through my list and calling out names with the measurement  that I wanted to get, a woman join in and order for Ewa otili ( Pigeon pea), my inquisitive mind would not let me rest so I ask the woman who is making the purchase what is used for, she told me is beans and its okay she left after her purchase and bid me bye.
I went to meet the lady attending to me and started asking her,
Me: What type of beans is this?
Seller: It is called Ewa otili, It is a sweet beans?
Me: Does it take time to prepare?
Seller: No, if you are using gas under 1hour is ready.
Me: Okay.
I have never seen such beans before in my life, am only familiar with soyabeans and it does not really look like one, the lady says is highly nutrious and it get done like normal beans, I ask what the taste is like and she said is okay she compared it to ofada rice which is the local rice, the beans is a local beans.
I had my list with beans in it, I wanted to try something new, I don’t believe in seeing and just letting it go, I made my choice of getting it at least there is no harm in trying out new thing, got other stuff I needed and left for home.
On getting home I decided to prepare the beans since is being some days now since I ate beans, I started picking it and took little quantity that would be enough for me and start preparing it after an hour I went to check and found out is still as hard as it was, I changed the water because it was too black and added another water thinking after an hour it will be ready to eat, not knowing I was just deceiving myself.
I went on and left the beans on for almost 3hours of cooking the beans is still not ready as per the way i want, i love my beans soft and mashed together the water is as black as something  else, I had to put it done and eat like that because it was already 6:30 in the evening, I want it to get digest before I go to bed,  that night I told my second mum what I purchase at the market so she said the beans is prepared for twins and they have to prepare it in a big pot, it takes a whole day to prepare it with firewood in the olden days for it to get softer and then fry the stew and serve, she said is taste is lovely. If only I had find out properly before setting out to cook the beans i would have gotten the best result, well am not backing out will still prepare it at my convenience.
I read an article about it that says it contains high level of protein and important  amino acid which helps to keep the immune system and maintains good health.
Am challenging anyone who is interested in it to try it out and show me the result, it might not get better on the first day, but you will only get the best when you keep making effort. Below is the picture of my first attempt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL