EXPLORING THE WORLD OF FOOD.





                                 EXPLORING THE WORLD OF FOOD.

You know what they say about curiosity? So my curiosity  for the taste of my newly found Moroccan dish named “COUSCOUS”.

Actually have seen people come to buy it at food store most especially the Hausa, so I ask what it was and I was told it a good meal, on this faithful day I made up my mind that I was going to have it for breakfast, and here the journey begins, I search for it at a nearby store but I couldn’t get it anywhere I was told they have sold the last one, while on the search i went on-line on what it was processed from guess what? I found out that it was an extract of semolina, I had to call my kid brother, shout out to OLAMIDE and Mummy, because i ask him to meet her at her shop on his way home, to borrow money from her to get it, I promise to refund it when they get home, I went online to find out about is preparation. Just then I saw several write-ups and videos on how best to prepare and enjoy it.

My longer throat self started reading everything and seeing videos, finally I settled for the method of preparing it like fried rice, despite the fact that am not really financially buoyant so I caught my coat according to my size, I got some ingredient like red bells (Red tatashe), scotch bonnet (Ata rodo), carrot and egg, after taking note of the measurement of water and COUSCOUS per individual.

I started chopping them after wish I fried my ingredient kept curry, thyme and seasoning to taste, boil my COUSCOUS, which I then add it to my fried ingredients.

Below is the picture of the outcome, although am not okay with the taste and I get filled up with few spoons couldn’t finish it, so I had to give the remaining to my younger ones, still have some unprepared one left which i intend to prepared in a boiled and vegetarian stew method.

We all crave for one thing or the other. I have made an attempt on cooking and eating COUSCOUS and I have satisfied my curiosity. I do not think is a bad idea if you try it out.

I have explored the world of “COUSCOUS” and am fulfilled. What about you?

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.