YIPPEE! FIRST TIME IN MY OVER TWO DECADES PLUS ON EARTH THAT I WILL BE EXERCISING MY CIVIC RIGHT.


It happened on a Sunday morning after doing house chores I switched on my data and open my Twitter looking at post, i saw Inec (Independent National Electoral Commission) post about the distribution of pvc  (Permanent Voters Card) commencement at various unit, my urge for wanting to make sure my vote count, made me check if my pvc is in Lagos I enter my details on their site and Gbam it is in Lagos.

I then plan on visiting  the Inec office at the nearest local government which is at Abekoko bus-stop, Iyana- Ipaja, Lagos to pick up my voters card the next day. On Monday I tried as much as possible to tidy up and clear my table before 3:00 clock so that I can leave for the Inec office, on getting there I saw some people outside with forms and passport, i entered and went to the office where I visited the last time to fill transfer of my pvc card, i met the lady I greeted her and told her my reason for coming which is to pick up my pvc, she directed me to another office, i got there and met a guy I told him the same thing he collected the card with me and the transfer slip he ask me to wait outside, while waiting I saw one of the people outside with forms, i ask what it was for the lady reply that is for adhoc staff I.e those that would assist in carrying out the voting process, at one point I wanted to make enquiry further, i then remembered  that I wouldn’t be allowed to vote, i wanted my vote to count I wanted the change to begin with me so I waved it off, i was later called in i fill the registered and collected my card.

Yippe! First time in my 2 decades plus on earth that I would be exercising my civic right, below is a caption that I took with my card.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I BUTCHERED IT.

WHEAT MEAL

This my amebo habit that will not let me rest.